Monday, April 26, 2010

2 issues

Just finished the marketing exam 4 hours ago. I'm supposed to be revising for the upcoming one now. However, my mind is pondering around 2 issues that I feel like sharing with you guys, here.

First one, and a less saddening one.
I always see people shaking their legs nowadays. Alright, so someone might ask, what's the big deal about that? Well, if you come from a traditional (or rather supertitious) chinese family, your parents would probably tell your that shaking leg= shaking away the money. haha~~~ that explains why I feel rather confused when I see people shake their legs. Until recently, the frequency of seeing this phenomenon is getting even highER! GUess what? A guy sitting on the left and another guy sitting on my right were both shaking their legs!!!! ARGH! that's very disturbing. I almost wanted to ask the one on my left stop shaking his leg, cuz he shakes like...for the whole 2 hours). Of course out of the kindness in the bottom of my heart, I didn't do that cuz i'm afraid that he might get too embarrassed and couldn't concentrate on exam. hahaha, i'm so KIND. Well, if you are interested in what happened in the end... I actually found a saviour! life saviour! A file which could block his leg, at least from my sight! (cuz it was an open book, ^^hence the file) ...alright that's what I wanted to share with you guys. Is it a little too random? or meaningless? hm~~~~ ok, to make my blog even drier, I've decided to reveal this too! :: I actually "googled" the cause of people shaking legs---mostly due to anxiety. -.- Is singapore a really stressful country????

Alright, I guess that allows me to start with the second issue that repeatedly disrupt my mind now. A friend just told me that a Malaysian girl, 22 years old, who was studying in 5th year dentistry in NUS (my current Uni) jumped off from a building in Singapore. Ok, can anyone justify this? can she justify this? I told my friend this: she missed the chance to see a lot of other beautiful things in life. I could still remember how I felt when I heard of the news, and the sentence that I uttered out was genuinely from my heart. I was shocked that I said that, now that I recalled. What are we getting ourselves into? LIFE IS PRETTY, Treasure it.

2 comments:

Jianhua said...

Poni or Calista,

I faced the same issues here (the shaking legs). Lol. But, is it really due to stress? I just can't find out what's the reason behind.

So good that you had done with your marketing. Marketing is my last paper. Hahahaha.

Good luck for your exam and I am sure that you will do it well. Take care.

Cheers,
Jack

po n i said...

Hi Jianhua aka JAck,

Hahaha, I can see how you are able to see eye to eye with me regarding this issue. Not surprised that it happens in NTU as well, in fact the competition over there at ur place is much intensive than here in NUS. ^^ but no worries, I know you'll handle it well! Take care and thanks for the greeting!^^
Regards,
Po Ni