Saturday, February 12, 2011

poni is back! featuring... Montreal experience 1


It's been such a long time since I last written a post.
But it's always not a good thing when I return to this space.
Cuz this means I'm getting emo.
I lead a very routine life since I'm back in Singapore, more so, in NUS.
I start to realize that I am not really in Singapore, I'm in a small space, called the National University of Singapore.
What I do in this little small space everyday is to just wake up in the morning, breakfast, go for lectures, come back study for a little more and off to bed. It repeats, everyday.
Being the poni poni, I started to feel bored with this. I want to see something else, I need something to look forward to.
Just like how I used to have Student exchange to look forward to.
Now that I have achieved the required results and have already completed my exchange, Im back to the place where I used to be.
Am I just the same old me? the same old poni before I go for exchange?
A very honest "NO".
I'm in search for ways to break through this routine, I want to see something new, I want to have something to look forward to.
------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the line to separate this post and the emo me in the upper part.
I've decided to start writing about my experience in Montreal, a place that I thought is so near in my heart, yet really is so far physically.
So the style of this is going to be reverse chronological order, no reason, it's just the way I want it to be.

So in the morning of the day I leave Canada, I went to visit Saint. Joseph's Oratory after making sure that my luggages are well and fully packed. Speaking of which, fml, I sold pairs of shoes and clothes at ridiculously cheap price cuz I thought Im not allowed to bring luggage more than 23 kg in total. FML! Anyways, after knowing that the luggage limit is 46 for 2 pieces of luggages for international flight, I went hunting for some more souvenir so as not to waste the precious space.

Yes, the oratory now. This oratory is reported as the biggest oratory in North America. And I was repeatedly told that I must pay a visit to this place before I leave Montreal or my trip would not be complete. So very fortunately, I was able to make some time for the oratory. Very true indeed, the oratory was spectacular. As I alighted from the bus 165 which send me from the my fren's place which I stayed for a night to the Queen Mary's bus stop, I walked down the road in snow! in SNOW! The snow was very soft and it was snowing quite heavily, Argh, I miss it, though I don't miss seeing it everyday. ^^

Oh yes, I walked down the road and all I have to do is just to make a left turn and go all the way straight to the Oratory's big entrance. Oh my God, this palace appeared before me and I was able to literally feel the power of it. As if it possess certain kind of special power, I was deeply attracted to it and wanted to quickly get in and see what's in there. ( oh not forgetting to mention that it was fucking cold out there, guess that contributed as well)

So I see that in this oratory, there are few chapels and in each of these, there were tourists and pilgrims and religious people sitting on the long long wooden chairs saying prayers, or simply taking pics around. To me, I can feel that this sacred place is very mysterious,it was once headed by Brother Andre, whose heart now park in that oratory. And he has healed a lot of handicapped people, who used to sit on the wheelchairs, which are now all displayed around the chapels to show that these people no longer need the wheelchair. Amazing!

There came a point whereby I felt really dizzy and not comfortable being in the oratory alone. Im not sure how to explain but it's just the feeling that I get when I'm overwhelmed with certain kind of feeling for a long period. Hence I headed out and continue my journey back to Msia, my home.

No comments: